Thursday, February 19, 2009

I didn't sleep well last night. This morning I had thoughts of spending time to rest today. At one point the thought came to me that I should go read a mag. or watch some videos. Then another thought came that seems to be better. It was, "Although watching or reading entertainment might be fun and seemingly encouraging, the pinnacle of goodness, fun, and joy is found only right then and there, and it is small in height. Do, instead, something that will bring a more voluminous joy." (To be honest this is not a direct quote my thoughts are not as eloquent.) It seems that perhaps things that bring direct, immediate joy tend to bring a more miniscule joy. Where as to find one's cup running over, the process is more extensive. For example if I chose to work on a project, the completion of that project becomes a fertile field for a large portion.

I am thankful to the Lord that I had the second thought in my head. God is wonderful. 
love b

No comments: