Friday, June 13, 2008

cookies?

Well I just tried to log into this page and I got this weird message that said my browser's cookie is misfunctioning or something like that. It gave me a re-routing thing to click on but psh, I didn't have a clue. I don't know much about cookies but I thought that they were bad, like a virus. Apparently they must have a good function too if I was having problems because one was misfunctioning.
Well anyway, I am auditing a class with my wife and it is amazing.
My friend was telling me that I don't speak much about my marriage to him. I was thinking about it and I don't talk much about being married, I think because, it is something very much beyond my ability to conceptualize. It is amazing, new and personal, in a way that I haven't learned how to communicate. It is so much different than any cultural notion of marriage (so much better, most of the time my response to the cultural representations of marriage is one of nausea and discouragement), so I can't use already developed language about it. It is something enormous, dynamic, and rich in ways that I am not sure how to make tangible, perhaps because I rarely see it around me. It makes me understand more of why God uses it as a metaphor of our relationship with him, why he calls us the bride of Christ.


Love
braden

No comments: