Friday, November 13, 2009

My baby skin

I begin many sentences with “It is interesting”. So here is another. It is interesting how most of the time it is easy for me to think that in order to experience a great life or life greatly. I must have certain conditions met. I get tricked into thinking that if I’m not healthy, well fed, have a comfortable place to live, and I’m living with purpose, then I won’t experience life as a great thing. But occasionally I understand that this isn’t true. Sometimes when I’m sick or in an undesirable place financially or emotionally I have a break in the clouds. For a time I see life as great, and I praise God. I am full of joy. At these times I have a lense into the idea that my life is not as dependent on my environment and the like as it seems. Maybe the skin on my common experience sloughs off and the fresh sensitive tenderness of my new life is exposed to unending life.

I think that an over emphasis on only physical needs forgets that it is not position that makes life great but it is God in one’s perspective.


1 comment:

Linda said...

That's some wisdom!!!

Love Mom