Friday, November 27, 2009

Word as Knife

In that clear state of imagination that comes in between sleep and being awake, I thought of the Word of God that is sharper than any sword.

“What is another way to say that”, I thought?

Perhaps it would be sharp enough to separate sub-molecular particles. I saw in my mind large ambiguous particles. These generally round particles were whirling around. “What is fine enough to slip in between these particles, and strong enough to impose upon them to stop their motion?” I thought that it had to be spirit that could maintain such an edge. I saw in my mind this spirit knife pressed against a bar of steel.

For some reason, I imagined the setting to test this knife was much like the steel racks that hold merchandise at a big box retail store, or what one might find at a warehouse. I thought that splitting sub-molecular particles would probably result in a release of energy. This mini-explosion would not be like anything that one might find with atomic energy, because steel is not volatile like plutonium is.


No comments: