Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Live Like I Eat

I have a desire to live with the same intention that I have been talking about eating with. I am tired of an entitled mindset that doesn’t fleetingness of the luxury of American living. I want to be mindful of the wonder of my touchscreen ipod that can among other things instantly access information from all over the world. At the same time as this I want to be aware that it can easily become utterly insignificant in eternity depending on what I use it for and why I use it.

I want to be thankful for the heat that is in my house. I don’t want to have the attitude that if I am cold I should be able to turn up the heat, as opposed to merely wearing a few more layers. I want to acknowledge that what I have is a gift, things such as safe housing, clean drinking water, and delicious food.

What I am talking about is that when I engage the physical and non physical aspects of the world, I want honor God. I am starting with what I know, that is inanimate things. Perhaps I may work to relationships.


No comments: