Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bowling No.2

I don’t know what I can say about bowling. It is interesting how in a world of very consistent gravity, and me who is as solid as a rock, the pins sometimes explode in submission to me and other times I cower at their impenetrability.
And where is the bowl in bowling? I’ve heard of drinking associated with bowling, three teams compete, two play, one team drinks and they switch.
A man of more impressive stature than me taught me by example that a ball thrown hard makes a frightening crash against the pins. I thought that a hard throw was a friend of the gutter. This man taught me NO! So I, though solid, am to this man, puny like a raisin is to a grape. I threw and threw with no success. The prized, elusive crash of pins was no where to be found, except at the hand of my friend.
I have a sad story to tell, you may have heard it, you may have witnessed it. It is of one who was so obsessed, so bent on success in his sport that he took performance enhancing drugs, steroids even. Why is it that bowlers never get accused of taking steroids? “Frank I’m worried about the size of that beer belly, last season you were half your size. The drug testing committee might get suspicious.” Nope that just never happens.
You know when I type my name in word and I get a dreaded red underline because the computer doesn’t know it, I think, with budding tear, how can my computer not know who I am?
Bye for now love Braden Joshua MacIntosh Lorenzo Williams

No comments: