Saturday, May 24, 2008

Remembering

So I was talking with some people about what was on our minds. One was worried that all of his and our hard work/ progress/ momentum would unravel. Another was overwhelmed with friends- wanting them, wanting to be a good friend, concerned of the kind of friend that she was being. I was bogged down with sickness and wanting to live my life effectively, productively, and directionally. Yesterday I, being fed up with sickness, devoted four hours to seeking God, by prayer and bible reading. God came. He showed up. He gave us understanding about my sickness and how to treat it, minutes after I finished praying. God has done this before but I’d forgotten.
Now to the other struggles I shout, “Does God not say that he loves us? Does he not know even the hairs of our head? Does he not love us so much that he wants to live among us, as he wanted to live among the Israelites even when they constantly rebelled? He is the only god who wants to live among his people. Who is it that we love enough to want to live with, only our spouses or a few others who treat us well? God wants to be with us when we don’t treat him well. Now does a god like this say, “Tough luck”, to any struggle? Doesn’t he even tell us to have joy?
I can hear some say, “Well what about…” fill in some hard situation. To which I say, “I don’t know, but what I do know is that I believe in the god of the bible who seems to be as stated. And when I believe in him the way he says he is, he shows up that way. Remind me in my next struggle whom God is so I can let him live among even my smallest struggles. Test and see that the Lord is good.
that is all for now
love braden jm williams

No comments: