Saturday, July 19, 2008

I hope someone is reading these.

Retro issue 3 the long issue part one
Dear friends, You know how you have that weird thing that bugs you. A lot of people don’t like it whe someone scratches a chalkboard. That doesn’t bother me really, but when I have a used wrapper or paper I hate to crumple it. I always fold it neatly and flatten it out. Have you guys been to the Op Shop? It stands for opportunity shop. But it might as well stand for the op-solutely amazing shop. I think that it is located on tenth street (in Gunnison, Colorado.) I have, over the years, been exceedingly surprised a how many people aren’t in the know about the Op Shop. It might be that the other thrift store in Gunnison has a monopoly on the thrift store scene. It could be that the Op Shop is only open on Thursdays at 1-5. Don’t be fooled, though, the Op Shop is not a completely hidden treasure. On any given Thursday at approximately 12:45 you are likely to find a line, often stretching partially around the building! I have had the Op-portunity to partake in many joyous purchases there, at prices that will make you wet your pants. But it is alright because their pants cost only a dollar. I was thinking that there are some great talents that often go unnoticed. Some people are really good at cleaning up after themselves. Some have a skill for pushing the chair in after they stand up. I’m good at tying my shoes. They practically never come undone and I don’t double knot. Don’t be jealous I’ll share the wealth, if you ask.


this is part one look for part two!
love b

No comments: