Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Retro Issue 3 the long issue part three
For most of my life I would look at stereotypical ideals and try to emulate them, always coupled by falling short of the ideal. For example I would see some amazing athlete on television or some heroic character from a movie, and desire whatever I thought that the ideal implied, such as popularity, happiness, or health. When I realized that chasing the ideal didn’t and couldn’t give me what I desired, I discovered that the cool people are just being themselves, thus creating their own ideal. So I say to myself and to anyone who cares, get up, get out and drink Coke, ‘cause all the cool people drink Coke. Sometimes I just get flabbergasted at the existence of technology. Like those soap dispensers in the bathrooms, it’s just like milking a cow except with soap. And those crazy boxes with the cords and the colors and the buttons, man computers. I pretty much have no clue how a copy machine works, I was told once but I forgot. “I love technology.”
Sincerely, Braden Joshua MacIntosh Lorenzo Caravaggio Williams

No comments: