Wednesday, August 20, 2008

i hope that you aren't getting tired of retro issues

Williams roller retro issue #6 origional issue date 4/20/05

I love you, friends and miss you
My friend made me a card with an airplane on it. I like it. I'm so amazed at the city, (I'm in Chicago) people everywhere, all with little acknowledgement of each other's existance. But then I was at a skate park and when someone did a cool move the people, as if part of a community, celebrated this achievement. The buildings shoot right up out of the ground. A ten story building is not very large compared to a couple hundred story building. Obviously I come from a small town. At my brother's college they have foaming soap that smells really nice and since it foams you don't have to work up a lather. Well, in all honesty, I feel like a freshman again. I'm meeting hordes of people and I can't, for the life of me, remember their names. It is really humid here. The are is so thick, that I would get tired from walking around except that since the air is so thick there is actually something to breath. I saw an exhibit of real human bodies that have been preserved with the use of space-aged polymers. You know when They, and by They I mean anti-drug people, try to discourage smoking by comparing two pictures of lungs. When you see the black lung in person, it is a lot more effective. And I had always thought that the inside of a heart was smooth but it is not. It is kind of stringy. Can you imagine if our skin was clear like the skin of some creatures? And what if we could see each other's insides? Would that make people more conscientious in regards to the fragility of life? I imagine that we would just be used to seeing guts and there would be no difference in our behavior. Maybe change really comes from the "heart" not the circomstances. What if when people talked, physical objects came out of our mouths and were absorbed into the recipient? And negatively intended words were hard and sharp and actually cut people. Then would we be more careful about what we said? And what if every thought came into existance, only in a different dimension? What would that be like?

No comments: