Wednesday, March 18, 2009

There was a dog in the yard, yes two dogs. Foreign dogs. Scout, the local, was running back and forth, whining and barking. She was very anxious. This average sized dog, Scout, likes to drag large portions of dead deer into the yard. It all started when one night I was trying to get her to come inside. It was dark. I went out calling her and she would not come. I paused to listen. Crunch, crunch, she was chewing on the deer. I knew it was the deer because I had seen her a day previously chewing on the deer. I was disgusted.

Here is a quote I agree with. It is from my new favorite author, Sarah Sumner. It is from the book Just How Married Do You Want To Be, with co-author, her husband Jim Sumner.
  "The command to cleave is given by God to husbands. Some Christian men seem tempted to cleave      instead to a worldly sense of manhood. A husband may distance himself from his wife for fear that his wife's    femininity will somehow make him less of a man."

I seem to remember guys rejecting things they deemed feminine. They also held that strength was manly. The things that were considered feminine were insignificant things, such as wearing pink or the way one walked. These guys would used the phrase "real man". It seems that any reasonable notion of a "real man" would be a secure, stable, consistent manhood that is not changed by things like colors. It seems that if these people had true strength they would not have to defend their manhood, especially in a manner that gives the impression that they are insecure of their masculinity. 
In my younger years I was under the same impression that I had to reject anything that smelled of girls. I even thought, at one point, that drinking out of a straw was girly. It is strange. 

 


I am going to attempt to keep my brain functional. I am going to practice my memory. Hot bod and no brain doesn't go far enough for me
bye for now love b

No comments: