Friday, September 25, 2009

Don’t puke in that bucket.


I have phone anxiety. I sometimes, being faced with the need to contact someone, email because it is less personal, less confrontational. I am allowed the false comfort of putting off the development of my social skills, the maturity of personal issues and the other unknown but extensive benefits of verbally encountering another person.


Stretching often has the appearance and initial affect of being undesirable. (What I need to do is not look at the struggle but the result of engaging the struggle. Doing this also makes it so much easier to choose joy.)


I have heard of a creative way that some people have used to redistribute money. This way is as simple as a group of buckets that receive money from people who want to give. People who need money go to the buckets and take what they need.


I think that this is a neat, creative method, but what I think should not be left behind is the challenging method of getting people to give money or resources directly to each other. I think this forces people to address fears, insecurities, and worries.

For example one might be afraid to admit need. One might be embarrassed to give . People tackling (perhaps even choosing joy in) these struggles can be helpful for many. Those who experience the struggle can grow and those who witness it may grow also.

No comments: