Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The stories of my (brother's) scars.


Do, do, do, la, la, la, la, do, do. As the world has spun on its slant axis, many odd objects have found themselves in violent encounter with my (brother's) largest organ, these are:

The Stories of My (Brother's) Scars.


my brother (Braden) and I used to bike a lot together growing up. we would go out into the hills or build jumps in our yard. it was much fun. one day we decided to bike into town, which is like a 2 mile ride. he was leading the way and i decided that i would try and ride as close behind him as possible in order to draft off of him. it was going really well. i was concentrating intently on the back of his bike in order to stay close but not run into him. we were almost into town, and the next thing i knew was all of the sudden his bike had slowed immensely, i reached for the brake, but it was too late. i ran into the back of him. i felt a sharp pain in my finger and looked down and saw my finger beginning to bleed. it had gotten pinched between my bike and his bike. fear and panic began to well up in me. "braden!" he looked back with a surprised look and proceeded to lead me to the mcdonalds which was just a little ways away. he told me to wait outside while he went inside to get something for my finger. i waited and waited, for what seemed like forever. my finger dripped and dripped blood onto the sidewalk. people walked by, looking at the puddle of blood in discust. i think i probably ruined some peoples' lunch... i felt strange, bleeding there onto the sidewalk, not knowing what to do, not sure where my brother was, people walking by and looking yet not doing anything about this child who was bleeding by himself. finally my brother came out. we wrapped my finger in toilet paper and rode back home.

Oh, I can totally hear his young voice yelling, "Braden". Thanks for the Story. I remember there was a guy in the bathroom for a long time and I couldn't get in it. I should have got some napkins from the counter. I didn't realize I was gone long until I saw that puddle of blood. "Oops", I thought, "Let's get out of here."
Thanks Again.

No comments: