Sunday, September 13, 2009

Waste not, want more. We're Americans.

The pages feel remarkably new on a 14 year old copy of the magazine Family Circle. The pictures have an unnameable quality, I can’t pin point it, they just look old. Some times a hair do or old looking clothes dates the publication, but mostly it is something else.

The car ads sell “new anti-lock brakes”.

There are many happy, beautiful women smoking. I don’t find cigarette ads like I used to.

I read an article about reusing items from around the house. One reader wrote in to share a great use for the plastic part at the bottom of 2 liter pop bottles. What? Oh, I had completely forgotten how pop bottles used to have a black cap shaped piece at the bottom. I remember that they were hard to get off.

Do you remember that?


No comments: