Monday, October 26, 2009

The How

How beautiful it was to see the man stitch the boat. I watched a man
stitch a boat. There is a fascinating method of making boats where the
boat is made out of a frame that is covered with cloth. I watched a
person (on video) sew the skin or cloth onto the frame. It seemed so
beautiful to me. The guy had a methodical confidence. He explained what
he was doing clearly in a calm and pleasant voice. He seemed to care
about and enjoy what he was doing. It was exciting, because this step
in the construction is near the end. The boat is almost ready to use.
I like that.

On a trip to Chicago my dad wanted to by me some paint to seal the
fabric of a boat like the one mentioned above. The paint store was
open at seven a.m. We walked through the door, maybe at seven fifteen.
An employee asked us if he could help. My dad explained what we were
looking for. The employee pointed to a can three feet from us. The
final cost was about sixteen dollars.

The "what" is a boat, cloth or paint and not so remarkable. The "how"
is lathered with beauty, kindness, sincerity, ease, accomplishment,
and satisfaction; aiding the former in becoming unforgettable.

No comments: