Saturday, October 17, 2009

I’m proud of it

I talk in my sleep. Some of the things that proceed from my unconscious are baffling. Others are a boiled-down, essence of my way. I am not sure if that is the best way to say it. I was considering saying an essence of me, but I am not sure if that is accurate either.

One of these “others” was a time that I was sleeping on the floor next to my wife. She was sleeping on an air mattress. I banged my hand on the edge of the air mattress, two sets of three times. My wife said, “What are you doing?” Then I said, “I am showing you that I love you." (Paused for 4-5 seconds) "Sorry if it’s obnoxious.”

I have no recollection of this event.

3 comments:

Stac said...

More people should comment on your blog (Jeremy! Kemp!)

"We must go now, we must go now" (low voice)
"We must go now, we must go now" (squeaky, high voice)

Another classic sleepytime rambling from B :)

I love you and I'm proud of it too!

Braden said...

Thanks!

Leslie said...

I particularly like this blog and had full intentions of commenting even before I read Stacy's comment :-)

I really enjoy the stories of what you say when you talk in your sleep. They are always very funny. They are always very sincere. I especially like this one. Even your subconscious wanted to show Stacy how much you love her :-)